- Saturated Fat Saga – Ended by New Study
- Safety And Effectiveness For Long-Term Use: Prescription Painkillers Lack Evidence
- Abdominal Fat Accumulation Can Be Prevented By Unsaturated Fat
- Reinventing Our Food System
- Decades After Exposure: Glyphosate May Be Worse Than DDT, Which Has Now Been Linked to Alzheimer’s Disease
Not so fast. Before you pop the top off the caramel-colored bubbly, know this: guzzling diet soda comes with its own set of side effects that may harm your health–from kickstarting kidney problems to adding inches to your waistline. Unfortunately, diet soda is more in vogue than ever. Kids consume the stuff at more than double the rate of last decade.
Far be it from me to defend Coca-Colas advertisements. They have only one purpose: to get you to buy more of the companys flavored, colored, caffeinated water with nearly a teaspoon of sugar per ounce.
Drink a 20-ounce Coke? Thats 18 teaspoons.
But you have to hand it to Cokes marketers.
They just got me to write about the fuss over the companys Its Beautiful Super Bowl ad, which shows people of all colors and kinds singing America the Beautiful incan you believe this?foreign languages.
The response? Tweeted bigotry:
WTF? @CocaCola has America the Beautiful being sung in different languages in a #SuperBowl commercial? We speak ENGLISH here, IDIOTS.
What amazes me about the response is that Coca-Cola has been doing commercials like this for decades.
- 1971 Id like to teach the world to sing in 17 languages
- 1987 General Assembly for the 1992 Olympics rainbow coalition
Why this sudden outpouring of xenophobia and homophobia?
Its disturbing to think about why this is happening now, …
If you drink sodas — especially if you drink a lot of them — what are you to make of all the headlines? Do you dismiss them, as the beverage industry does, as bad science and media hype? Or is it time to put the can down and take a hard look at what you're drinking?