• Mercury Poisoning Caused Multiple Sclerosis Diagnosis

    By -

    mercury-teethsm

    Mercury, known since ancient times, is a heavy, silvery, metallic mineral. Its atomic number is 80. It is liquid at room temperature. Only two other elements (cesium and gallium) are liquid at room temperature. Mercury becomes solid at -40° F (-40° C). It is dense and heavy, with a specific gravity of 13.6. For comparison, iron has a specific gravity of 7.5.

    Mercury vapor is a neurotoxin, which means it affects the nervous system. Once mercury is in the body, it causes nervousness, trembling, personality changes, and in extreme cases, even dementia.

    Multiple sclerosis (MS), is an autoimmune disease in which the fatty myelin sheaths which insulate the nerve axons in the brain and spinal cord are damaged. This leads to the production of hard scars or scleroses (aka plaques or lesions) in the central nervous system.

    MS affects about 70,000 people in the UK and about 400,000 in the USA. It is usually diagnosed in young adults, and affects at least 3 times as many women as men. It also occurs more commonly among Caucasians of northern European ancestry, but people from other backgrounds are not immune.

    Symptoms of MS include fatigue, loss of vision and hearing, a lack of muscle co-ordination, speech difficulties and ultimately partial or complete paralysis. Multiple sclerosis often progresses in a series of unpredictable relapses, but may also steadily worsen or may remain fairly mild with no permanent disability. The life expectancy of people with MS is 5 to 10 years less than that of those without the disease.

    A Case of Mercury Poisoning Mimicking Multiple Sclerosis

    Maria Indermuhle's story is a perfect example of how amalgam fillings can destroy your health. Shortly after getting amalgam fillings, she began experiencing troubling and progressively debilitating symptoms.

    “I started to have pins and needles in my legs and then it started to happen in my hands. Just 18 months later, I could hardly walk,” she told The Daily Mail.3“I started having panic attacks, collapsing in the street, lost the feeling in my hands, started losing my vision, began slurring my words, I couldn't concentrate on anything…

    I experienced palpitations, and I actually could feel like my brain was moving. I started having hallucinations during the night. It was terrifying. I could feel my body was breaking down and not working. I actually thought I was dying.”

    Eighteen months after her fateful dental appointment, Maria was misdiagnosed with multiple sclerosis …

    Do You Have Symptoms of Mercury Poisoning?

    Children and fetuses, whose brains are still developing, are at greatest risk, but as Maria's story shows, anyone can be adversely affected, at any age. There's also no telling just how many amalgam fillings you can handle before your body reaches the point of toxic overload. It all depends on your individual sensitivity, and how well your body can detoxify. Still, everyone's bound to have a “breaking point,” and your dental fillings aren't the only source of toxic exposure in today's world.

    Elemental and Vaporized Mercury Poisoning Symptoms

    Elemental mercury toxicity (which usually occurs in the vaporized form) can cause:

    • mood swings, nervousness, irritability, and other emotional changes,
    • insomnia,
    • headache,
    • abnormal sensations,
    • muscle twitching,
    • tremors,
    • weakness,
    • muscle atrophy, and
    • decreased cognitive functions.

    High exposures of elemental mercury can cause kidney malfunction, respiratory failure, and death.

    Organic Mercury Poisoning Symptoms

    Organic mercury toxicity (most frequently in the methylmercury form from ingestion), causes neurological malfunctions, and especially in a fetus, impaired neurological development. Other symptoms include:

    • peripheral vision impairment,
    • stinging or needle-like sensations in the extremities and mouth,
    • loss of coordination,
    • muscle weakness, and
    • other impairments of speech and hearing.

    These reports, and a number of review articles with similar conclusions, are based on research which is abundant for children over the age of six and for adults.  There are subsets of the population for which the research is less abundant; however, available summary research still supports the safety of dental amalgam use.

    Please Read this Article at Articles.Mercola.com

    Source

    michael

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *