One of the first foods that signals the start of spring is the appearance of fresh asparagus at local farmers’ markets and grocery stores. Just as spring is a time of new beginnings, asparagus is one of those veggies that is also great to experiment with during this time of year.
Spring is HERE! Bring on the sunny days, warmer weather, and asparagus season. Need some asparagus recipes to help you incorporate more of this yummy spring veggie into your life? Weve got you covered. But before we get to the asparagus recipes, check out the awesome time lapse video above of asparagus growing in the field. Its beautiful.
11 Yummy Asparagus Recipes
1. Spinach and Asparagus Pasta Make this a vegan asparagus recipe by skipping the cheese or substituting nutritional yeast. Mmmm .nooch!
2. Grilled Asparagus Spring is also grilling weather, so take those asparagus spears outdoors!
3. Asparagus Tips Saute This simple stir fry is fresh and delicious. Try maple syrup in place of the honey to make it a totally vegan recipe.
4. Asparagus and Corn Pasta Salad This would be great as a side, or you can add 2 cups of cooked white beans to make this salad the main event.
5. Roasted Asparagus and Chickpeas You dish up this asparagus recipe on a bed of sauteed spinach and your …
It’s loaded with nutrients: Asparagus is a very good source of fiber, folate, vitamins A, C, E and K, as well as chromium, a trace mineral that enhances the ability of insulin to transport glucose from the bloodstream into cells. This herbaceous plant—along with avocado, kale and Brussels sprouts—is a particularly rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps break down carcinogens and other harmful compounds like free radicals. This is why eating asparagus may help protect against and fight certain forms of cancer, such as bone, breast, colon, larynx and lung cancers.
Make sure to read the rest of the article Source.