If we are going to ask random people about how much fat they would like to have present in their body, they would have answer “none!” well, we can’t blame them, fat pretty much has a bad reputation to everyone, in fact just by hearing the word –people would react to it. But do people really understand the importance of fat in our body or they tend to focus on the negative side of it. The health benefits of taking enough amount of fat in the right way and proper intake has been shown to be greatly important in many aspects, influencing the body and mind. It can strengthen the immune system, improve brain and nervous system function such as mood, intelligence and behavior, increase energy and performance, grow healthy skin, hair, and nails, and regulate body weight.
Fat is one of the essential part of a healthy diet. However, they come in different qualities. Fats that increase blood cholesterol is calledSaturated fats. While fats that lower blood cholesterol is known asMono-unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. Harmful fats are usually used to make baking products, pastries, cakes, and cookies, they are loaded with Trans fatty acids (or trans fats) while Omega-6 and omega-3 fats can help you have a good health.
We NEED fat in our diet. Heres why:
1) Absorption of vitamins A, D, E, and K: These vitamins are fat-soluble, which means that the body needs dietary fat to absorb them.
2) Omega-3s and omega-6s play roles in mood and behavior. They are the precursor to many hormones and chemicals produced in the brain.
3) Brain health. Your brain uses fat to make cell membranes and the protective myelin sheath that insulates your neurons.
4) Trans fats are pretty bad for your cardiovascular system, but monounsaturated fats and omega-3 fats prevent heart attack and stroke. Good sources of monounsaturated fats are avocados, olives, almonds, peanuts, macadamia nuts, pecans, hazelnuts, peanut butter, and olive and sesame oils.
5) Not all saturated fats are bad for you. One beneficial (and super yummy) saturated fat is coconut oil, which has scientifically demonstrated health benefits, including healthy support for your heart and brain, skin, immune system, and thyroid. …
We think of fats as a villain to our health, but little did we know, it actually saves us from a lot of things. I believe that too much of everything is bad, fats are misunderstood for the longest time. Fat is good until it is too much, that is why we have a program called balanced diet, so that we can weigh these elements and use them to our advantage, we take these beautiful elements and acquire them appropriately when their needed.
Please read the rest of the article at Naturalblaze.com