- Water Filters Effective Resistant To The Chemical In West Virginia Water Supply?
- Be A Better Person: Share Food
- Gluten –is not entirely to be blame For Celiac Disease?
- How Nutritional and Alternative Treatments Can Help You Avoid Using Drugs for Depression
- Butter –Vindicated! Over Heart Disease Issue
Turmeric is getting some well-deserved attention these days. I love it for all its amazing anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and detoxifying properties, just as much as I love the vibrant color it gives to every dish. Here's a great and simple dressing recipe to use on salads, roasted veggies, as a dip, or as a dressing over a quinoa dish.
Thanks to one of Healthy Holistic Living.coms readers I have a new favorite salad dressing! this tastes wonderful and its medicinal to boot!
Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Dressing
- 1 teaspoon of ground turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons of honey
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra light/ extra virgin olive oil
Put all ingredients, as listed in to a glass jar or shaker bottle with a tight fitting lid. Shake well!! Pour and toss over your favorite salad greens. I make this every night for my familys dinner salad. It is a favorite in our home.
Note: If you prefer a thicker dressing put all the ingredients in a blender with 1/2 an avocado blend well. Simple, now you have a creamy anti-inflammatory dressing.
Turmeric is often lauded for its anti-inflammatory properties. It contains curcumin, a plant compound that may help to reduce inflammation of the GI tract, as well as inflammation associated with osteo-arthritis. It is this phenol, or plant compound, that gives turmeric it’s bright color (and makes it so appropriate for tofu scrambles)! I love the mellow taste of turmeric, and use it in many foods.
Please Read this Article at NaturalBlaze.com